The duration of a presentation slot is 18 minutes. You will have 15 minutes for the presentation itself and 3 minutes for questions from the audience.
A LCD projector & computer (Windows XP, MS Powerpoint & Adobe Acrobat Reader) will be available in every session room for regular presentations. Neither Overhead projectors, 35mm slides projectors nor VHS videotape player will be available.
Prepartion of Visuals:
- PLEASE NOTE THAT INDIVIDUALS USING COMPUTER PROJECTION MUST EITHER BRING THEIR OWN LAPTOP COMPUTER WITH THE APPROPRIATE PRESENTATION SOFTWARE LOADED OR BRING A CD OR MEMORY STICK CONTAINING THEIR PRESENTATION. Files can be uploaded to the local PCs in the lecture rooms during the breaks between the sessions. To avoid software compatibility problems (MS Powerpoint), speakers are advised to save their Powerpoint presentation with the Package for CD feature AND bring a backup PDF-version of their presentation.
- Speakers should arrive in their session room 15 minutes BEFORE the start of their session to report to the chair person. A proctor will also be available in case you need technical assistance.
- Speakers are strongly encouraged to visit the Speaker Preparation room in advance of their presentation to avoid any last minute problems. The Speakers' Preparation room will be open during the sessions from Monday through Wednesday.
- Limit the number of words per visual to no more than 20.
- Leave space, at least the height of a capital letter, between lines of text.
- All fonts, including that on graphs, should be 18 point or larger.
- Graphs and charts should have bold lines and symbols that contrast sharply with the background.